I took this shot at sunrise yesterday and thought I’d go a bit crazy with the processing of the shot. I quite like the abstract photo in the end!
Abstractly processed plane
What processing in photoshop did I do?
In camera raw I only changed the temperature/white balance by 400 as I shot in camera WB of ‘cloudy’. Now in photoshop:
– dublicated the background layer
– Dodged the two planes/lines in the sky
– Added a ‘Color Negative’ curves adjustment layer
— Changed this layer to screen @ 20%
– Made a levels adjustment layer just for this layer
– Added a ‘Cross Process’ curve ajustment layer
—Change this layer to ‘Linear burn’ and you’re all done!!
Photoshop Video tutorial
Here’s everything I’ve done in a short video tutorial It’s pretty fast but afraid I don’t have the time at the moment to redo the video)